It consists of injecting, under a wrinkle or line which is a sunken area, and it levels the skin in the surrounding area in order to reduce or get rid of it. We use this to treat the forehead, eyebrows, crow’s feet, nasolabial folds, cheeks, etc. We can use either permanent or reabsorbable products as well as the patient’s own fat. We will use one product or the other depending on the area that needs to be treated.
You should know:
- although the area may get bruised or inflamed, 24 -48 hours later the patients will be able to wear make-up and, after taking an anti-inflammatory, they will feel fine.
- it can be done again after a month, a natural result is much better.
- a deep wrinkle needs more treatments than a superficial one.
- a good result is achieved when a person looks well but nobody can tell what that person has done to look like that.
- we recommend reabsorbable products rather than permanent ones just in case the procedure is redone in the future and the product used before is no longer available. If the patient decides to have it done again after 10 years, there will be no old product left in the area so a new one will have to be used instead.
- a permanent product will always remain where it was injected, but after a certain time, if we need to treat the area again, we must use the same product.
There are several types of skin revitalization; facial, neck, chest, depending on what you want to get. We can only improve the quality of the surface skin; we can improve the skin and also increase the thickness of this, improving flaccidity and giving some volume to the face in general. We can improve the flaccidity alone, without injecting volume.
You should know:
- If we want to improve the skin and give a little volume, use the polylactic acid and only three sessions.
- If you just want to improve the quality of skin, we use vitamins (there are several types) and those used for the face are different from those we use to neck or chest.
- If we want to improve flaccidity without volume, there are other vitamins that do a tensioning on face and neck; are also three sessions and sometimes we have very good results, what has led us to also use them in arms, buttocks and belly.
The PRP is also done seeing the result that new firming vitamins offer us.
Therapy with carbon dioxide or Carboxytherapy involves applying CO2 gas for medical purposes.It’s a ”medical procedure” that is minimally invasive, safe and involves minimal risks and complications. The process involves applying localized microinjections of CO2 using specially designed equipment for this purpose. The equipment is responsible for controlling the flow rate of gas (kept in a tank), the dose and the injection time. The introduction of CO2 is performed subcutaneously through a thin needle that the gas reaches through a flexible hose from the machine.
The application of CO2 favors the production of natural antioxidants in our tissue, improves microcirculation and tissue oxygenation. Another star indication is cellulite and concentrated fat that on one hand improves the appearance of the skin by improving the microcirculation (refering to the smallest blood vessels like capillaries), improves sagging with the production of collagen and elastin, and it also has a lipolytic effect, collagen stimulating effect and at the same time has a very interesting anti-inflammatory effect. It’s also used for the treatment of dark circles, improving coloring and bags under the eyes.
With body Carboxytherapy we also improve skin tone, it’s quality so it achieves a more younger, smoother looking skin, as toxins detached during the process are eliminated through the lymphatic system.
Why should I use it?
Nowadays, Carboxytherapy is one of the best therapies to fight cellulite, excess body fat, non-ablative rejuvenation such as face, neckline, hands, sagging and aging body and face, stretch marks, scars, acne scars, varicose ulcers, reduce stretch marks, double chin, etc
Can it be used throughout the body?
Carboxytherapy is also used for other areas that have accumulated fat and especially to assert falling arms, wich is hard to strenghthen with exercise and there is not much to really do in that area. It can also be applied on the inner thighs, back, hips, abdomen and it can be combined with radio frequency or infrared for excellent results.
It is very beneficial before cosmetic surgery procedures, including liposuction, that stimulates cells and provides a better removal of fat leaving it softer and alsp helps healing.
How to optimize your carboxytherapy:
Remember a few points you should consider for your Carboxytherapy:
- Carboxytherapy is a technique that is fabulously associated with other types of body treatments but don’t forget that it should be the last treatment you make in a day, this meand that if you have planned for that day to take a massage or sauna for example, or your Endermologie session, make sure you talk to your doctor because any treatment should be made before carboxytherapy. Remember: Before Carboxytherapy, EVERYTHING, after Carboxytherapy, NOTHING.
- You should consume two to three liters of water the day you realize your Carboxytherapy session and the next day too, this will help you metabolize faster and helps the Gas and improves your circulation.
- You should not take baths, jacuzzis, get in pools or Saunas after your Carboxytherapy sessions.
- Something very important that we sometimes forget is that it is STRICTLY PROHIBITED TO SMOKE. If you smoke, you are not only not metabolizing the Gas properly, but you will not get any benefits, because with the nicotine becomes more difficult to remove CO2 and the exchange of CO2 with Oxygen also becomes more difficult, so your end result will be zero. At this point you must remember that Carboxytherapy is contraindicated in patients with respiratory failure and smoking creates on your body a similar condition, therefore, if you smoke and you can’t give up smoking, do not take Carboxytherapy Sessions.
Carboxytherapy is a treatment whose beneficial effect is not forever. Your benefit will join you from six to eight months and is related to the type of diet you have, your physical activity, behavior and healthy habits.
Thread lift or support
To lift some areas in the face and neck we use either reabsorbable or non-reabsorbable threads that must be fixed under the skin if good results are expected.
It is perfomed with local anesthesia and you are advised to keep some surgical tape on for at least two days.
There may be some bruises and the results last between 12 and 18 months and, a few more months if the thread is not reabsorbed, in which case we recommend a new thread.
You should know:
threads are used for incipient sagging in young adults.
they are also used to get a prominent nose or chin.
we can also use them to improve neck flaccidity.
a permanent thread can be used, in which case it will last longer, about 3 years, or even after that the same threads may be adjusted in order to get the original result again.
Consists in injecting filling products in the nose in order to project the tip, to hide the bridge of the nose, to increase the nasolabial angle,etc. That is to say, some operations can be performed just with injections, but not all of them. It is necessary to make a preliminary study of each case. It is very similar to what we do when treating wrinkles, i.e. with injections. Sometimes we can combine this with threads if we want to raise the tip of the nose, in which case it will last longer.
You should know:
- the nose can be filled in the same way a wrinkle is.
- it is not the same as if we were having a surgery done.
- the falling of the tip of the nose is another sign of aging that can be improved with injections.
- we can make the tip of the nose narrower.
- the bridge of the nose can be hidden.
It is a kind of facial rejuvenation that instead of being done with laser, it is done with chemical substances of different types, power and depth and are applied with surgery. We use a wide range of substances which help us get a better skin quality, to close the pores, to give luminosity and to improve the elasticity of the skin. It is the ideal complement to any kind of treatment against wrinkles. The skin that comes up looks younger with reduced marks, redness in scars dissapear and wrinkles are diminished. Some areas can be treated more strongly than others, depending on the need. It can be done mildly or stronger with laser.
You should know:
- the medical peel is more effective than the cosmetic peel.
- it is always associated to home treatment.
- it must be done between October and spring.
- it is necessary to use sun protection during and after the treatment.
- there is a new group of peeling substances that do not flake off.
Remodeling sores and nacial
It consists in injecting fillers in the nose, in order to project the tip, hide an easel, increase the nasolabial angle, correct defects and nasal irregularities without going under the knife and getting a face with much more harmonious and aesthetic profile . There are different ways to do it instead of using injections, but for this a previous study is necessary for each case and it is carried out in a similar way to the correction of wrinkles,through small punctures; sometimes we can substitute it with wires to raise the nasal tip so it is more permanent. The filling materials we use are completely biocompatible and hypoallergenic.
How long does the effect last?
Depending on the type of material fillings we use the results will last approximately 12 months with absorbable materials or between 3-5 years with the permanent materials.
Is the procedure painful?
No. We always use a local anesthetic with which we block the main nerve endings in the area, so there is no pain.
Is it done in one session or several?
This depends on the type chosen filler and personal characteristics of each patient, but generally it is done in one session with a check up approximately two weeks later.
Do I need a recovery time?
No. The patient can be reinstated immediately to your social life, work or family at the end of treatment.
What care should I take after treatment?
You can apply ice packs during the first hours and try not to lean or sleep on the nose the first two days, plus daily sunscreen is always recommend to all our patients.
- The nose can be filled in the same as a wrinkle.
- Another sign of aging is the fall of the nasal tip, and this can be corrected with small punctures.
- We can strengthen the tip.
- You can hide an easel.
Elimination of nodules in lips
Lumps and nodules that appear in infiltrated lips can be removed either by destroying the product by means of its antagonist (hialuronic acid), or by making a small cut (depending on the size of the nodule) as if we were dealing with a cyst. It requires only 3 stitches and local anesthesia. The scar left is inside the mouth so it is not visible. The stitches are taken off a week later and the area is left feeling normal.
We can sometimes see little bumps on lips that indicate that the lips have been infiltrated, and that if we eliminate them they would look natural; this is very easy to treat, because if they are filled with hialuronic acid we can inject a product that disolves it and if it is a product that is permanent or long lasting we need to treat it as a cist, using local anesthesia.
We make a small incision(depending o the size of the nodule) and it is removed, it can sometimes come with mucous. It is closed with two or three stitches and removed after seven days, leaving the lip like normal. The onky scar that could appear would be inside the mucous and it is not visible.
They are small red marks with a vascular origin that appear on the face (and the rest of the body) which can be removed or reduced with the right technique, either laser or ablative radiofrequency.
They are easy to treat and, if they are not very big, they can be removed completely.
The small red vessels on the nose and face can also be easily removed. The red area around them can be reduced too but they needs several sessions.
Removal of varicose veins
Varicose veins are dilated vascular system caused by a fault in the valve system. These valves favor venous return against gravity, as a system of floodgates, when these fail the blood stagnates, press the vessel walls causing dilation and thus varicose veins.
Characteristics of varicose veins
Mainly affect the superficial veins of the legs.
His first symptoms is the aesthetic appearance of the legs and discomfort as heavy legs, cramps, swelling, itching, tingling, etc.
Evolves into varicose veins with problems like varicose pearls, phlebitis, varicose ulcers and important edema, which affects the quality of life.
The treatments we use are: sclerosis, either standard or foam sclerosing (the latter for thicker varicose veins). And we combine it with laser to complete the final results.
You should know:
- If you have a very fine white skin, you may have traslucen veins and may not like aesthetically, but it shouldn’t be treated because if is done, we damage the venous circulation and provoke real varices.
It is a treatment for autumn-winter, since the sun should no give on the treated areas.
Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
Sweating is a physiological effect produced by the sympathetic nervous system neccesary for the regulation of body temperature. Hyperpersperation, also known as hyperhidros, is excessive sweating without increasing ambient temperature, it’s usually associated with stress from any origin (work, social gatherings, etc.)
Hyperperspiration’s most common areas are:
- Soles of feet
- Palms of hands
In all of the above the fact of being aware of the problem we suffer simply makes the perspective of certain situations or events, being a vicious circle that enhances hyperpersperation that affects in social and labour impairment.
The causes of this disorder are unknown in most cases but you should always rule out disorders such as hyperthyroidism, diabetes, obesity, menopause, carpal tunnel syndrome, etc.
”Botox” injections have proved to be effective on the treatment of excessive sweating on armpits. Botulinum toxin is injected in the armpit with the end purpose of blocking the nervs that activate persperation. Botox injections have been proved to be effective up to a maximun of five to six months after, until the treatment has to be renewed.
In our clinic we use the Neodimio-Yag Q-Switched laser which sends out a light absorbed by the pigment without damaging the epidermis. This energy turns into colour in a fraction of a second. This quick increase of temperature causes a fragmentation of the ink molecules into micro particles that are destroyed by a type of cells known as microphages which disperse them, making the tattoos disappear.
HOW MANY SESSIONS ARE NEEDED?
The number of sessions depends on the kind and quantity of pigment or ink used for each tattoo, and on how deep the tattoo is.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO REMOVE ALL THE TYPES OF COLOUR?
Dark colours, like black or blue, are the easiest ones to get rid of (using 1064nm). Red, orange and violet can be lightened (with 532nm).
By using these laser systems we succeed in removing most of the tattoos, with a degree of lightening which is higher than 95%.
Laser hair removal center
In Clinic Doctors López, we are leaders in laser hair removal, we offer a high quality service. We always seek innovation and constant research to bring you the latest technology available in the market. With the laser art equipment, highly trained staff and constant medical supervision, we achieve a safe, fast and professional treatment.
Our customers come first, so our quality policies are aimed at providing an effective treatment for your satisfaction and always taking care of your skin.
In Clinic Doctors López you can find the best medical laser hair removal for several reasons:
We have different types of laser:
- ALEJANDRITA, Laser recommended for fair skin, specializing in removing or making blond hair thinner. It is the fastest method and sometimes the application of an anesthetic cream is required.
- IPL LASER, The Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) emits a mixed light composed of many types of photons traveling at multiple wavelengths in the range occupied from 690 NM. This pulsed light causes an increase of the temperature in areas with more melanin, especially in dark hairs.
- LASER DIODE, The laser diode is a light beam, selectively absorbed by the pigment of the hair follicle, the melanin, causes thermal destruction of the cells responsible for hair growth. Laser hair removal is applied to various treatments.
Does it remove the hair permanently?
Yes, it removes the hair permanently. In each laser session we achieve the removal of more and more follicles, and therefore multiple sessions are needed for permanent laser hair removal.
Cellulite is an alteration of the deep layers of the skin (dermis) and superficial fat.
The triggering mechanism of cellulite can start at the level of the microcirculation of the affected area (although there is no specific cause), and its origin is influenced by different factors, such as hormonal, genetic, dietary, racial, environmental, etc.
The combination of different treatments has proved to be the best way to achieve the best results.
- MESOTHERAPY: It consists on the infiltration of substances that improve the circulation of the treated area and stimulates lipolysis after employing microinjections. The doctor will use the best injectable medicine according to the stage of the cellulite. It is a safe and highly effective technique.
- ELECTROTHERAPY: It uses different techniques, like iontophoresis, electroporation, passive exercising, interferential and galvanic waves, and ultrasound as well. All of them help to improve the state of cellulite, and the use of one or the other will depend on the degree of cellulite and the quality of the skin (sagging).
- MANUAL LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE (MLD) OR PRESSOTHERAPY
ENDERMOLOGY: It is also called non-invasive subdermic therapy. It is a technique that improves the state of the skin, and works on the venous return, lymphatic drainage and fibrous micronodules of cellulite. The sessions, depending on the type of cellulite prior to medical diagnosis, will initially be more frequent (once or twice a week), and will eventually become less frequent depending on the improvement noticed.
Cellulite and localized fat
Cellulite or orange peel is an alteration of the subcutaneous tissue in the fatty tissue, because of the accumulation of water and poor circulation, which mainly affects the area of the buttocks, thighs, knees, ankles, abdomen and the back.
- Genetic factors
- Hormonal factors
- Metabolic factors
- Unhealthy diet
- Tight clothing
It can be classified into 4 subtypes:
- Hard or compact: It occurs in young women with a good physical shape, that are overweight or are obese. It is called like this because of its strong response to palpation, generally being a recent cellulitis and usually located on hips.
- Edematous: Affects women of all ages, but it is more common among young people and teenagers, it has a thick consistency and is located in legs which makes it more difficult to treat.
- Soft or flabby: Mostly affects women over 40 years of age with little physical activity and sudden changes in body weight. It appears in the front of the thighs and arms. The tissue is spongy and has a soft touch characteristics.
- Mixed: It is a type of cellulitis in which different varieties are mixed and it is often the type of cellulitis that see more often.
Adiposity is characterized by the accumulation of fat in certain areas of the body, causing a variation in the body shape. Localized fat may come with overweight and we can find two types:
- Primary Localized adiposity: It is related to hormonal development and usually affects the shape of the body in middle and lower region of the thighs.
- Located adiposity Secondary: Mainly occurs in abdomen, sides of the torso, chin and arms. It is linked to poor eating habits and a lack of exercise.
All treatments include personalized diets according to the needs of each patient. It will continue with a thorough monitoring, advice and recommendations on post-treatment care.
The results can improve if we associate it with other treatments because strengthen each other, such as:
- Mesotherapy carboxiterapia.
- Lymphatic drainage and acupressure
- Endermologie, velashare, radiofrequency, infrared.
- Ultracavitation or medical cavitation hidrolipoclasia
This technique was invented by the French doctor Michel Pistor in 1952, which consists in treating the affected area with microinjections of certain substances depending on the pathology to be treated.
It is used in different specialities like traumatology, gynecology, etc. and, in cosmetic medicine, to treat cellulite.
Mesotherapy aims to improve the intradermal fibrosis situation by helping to re-establish not only the microcirculatory blood flow, but also the lymphatic drainage, and by applying a permanent follow-up.
It can be combined with other electrotherapy treatments (pressotherapy, endermology, ultrasounds, etc) in order to achieve more effective and long lasting results.